Monday 10 October 2011

Like son, like mother

Copyright: Orla


Orla has decided that she really, really needs a camera. I am always harping on about how much better it is here in Germany because the children play with traditional toys, yadda, yadda, and aren't asking for Nintendo DS's as soon as they pop out of the womb. I do believe I can be heard to complain quite often about parents who give their children digital cameras when they turn 2.


Copyright: Orla


But I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since both of mine see me with a camera hanging round my neck on a near daily basis, and have to put up with the mamarazzi documenting their every move for posterity. We went out yesterday to see my friend Beth running in the Asics 10K run round the west of the city. And she did really well and we shook our non-Pot Noodle-brand pot noodles at her and her friend as they ran past us breezily (Beth is from the town in Wales where they 'mine' Pot Noodles), and afterwards we went to the Zoo, which is where Orla decided she really had to take a photo of me and Stevie. I've only ever let her use my little Canon before that is on it's last legs, so no great loss if anything happens to it, so this was her first try with my DSLR. I think she did well, don't you? And of course, then Hamish wanted a shot........


'The Secret Vice' by Hamish

Talk about nervous? As I put the strap over his head I was bracing myself for the noise of it clattering off the stone steps at the mountain goats as he got himself into position. Hamish's style is less traditional portraiture and more 'covert operation' style. As you can see, he's not the only one with the secret pink dummy problem.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks G, I'll let them know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Orla's photos are brilliant!! And Hamish's one, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great pics! And don't we all have a secret pink dummy obsession?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have some photographers in the family! :)

    ReplyDelete

You're not going to leave without saying something, are you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...