Tuesday 4 January 2011

Having fun while the kids are ill

Before: Yeah, yeah, just another protest shot taken in Mitte in the summer.

After: Wow! It's teeny-tiny people protesting in Mitte in the summer!


What a relaxing morning I've had. I felt pretty rough when I got up but perked up a lot once I'd had breakfast (I don't know if it's just me, but as a diabetic I've always had to eat even when I'm ill and it's the last thing I want to really do. Probably with newer insulins on the market you no longer need to do this, you can just adjust your amount, but certainly in the old days when I was 11 or 12 you just had to get on with it and eat. Now I have this weird thing whereby when I feel sick I associate it with eating and simultaneously feel both a little sick and a little hungry. I know, I know, you had no idea I was such a complex person. Anyway, as I was saying...).

Hamish declared that he was too sick to go to Kita, but Orla decided she was well enough to go. So we dropped Orla off and then had a lovely morning watching tv, playing with Orla's Christmas presents (is there any better way to cheer up a poorly younger brother?) and I played around with Photoshop. One of the things I'd like to do this year is learn how to use my camera properly so I can get the most out of it, and well to be honest, learning how to recreate tilt-shift photographic effects isn't actually doing that, but it is something I've liked the look of and fancied trying out for myself for a while.

And now I'm wondering what it would look like if I tried out this minaturisation effect on something that was already minature? Like the Playmobil Zoo for instance. Hmm...time to drug up the kids on Calpol & Nurofen I think and give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're not going to leave without saying something, are you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...