Friday 9 April 2010

Good haircut day!

I took the kids to get their haircut yesterday to a place highly recommended by some friends. When I say highly recommended, well, there's always a bit of a funny look on their face at the same time. I've been told about this place and how amazing they are with kids by three different friends. Then they tell you 'Oh, but he's a man' in a kind of 'Don't you think that's a little bit weird?' way. Then they expand on this by saying 'You never get him on the phone, but you can leave a message and he's always really good at getting back to you'...'but his answer machine message is a woman's voice. I think there's a reason for that, don't you?'. Then they go on enthusiastically to tell you how amazing he is with the kids; he's got toys; he doesn't pressure the kids time-wise, they can take their time getting used to the place; he will put on their favourite dvd to watch; they can sit in this little car chair; he makes them really calm, etc, etc. This guy is a miracle worker. He can even cut the hair of those kids for whom this experience would normally be akin to watching a cat on a lead. Amazing.

Then they tell you, 'Oh but he's a bit odd', or 'He's really strange'. The reason he's a bit odd is that he is obviously a big fan of Johnny Depp and Tim Burton and has lots of posters of them or their films around his walls. I had been told by one that he models himself on Johnny Depp, but he certainly wasn't for our visit. He was modelling himself on someone who seriously works out and could crack open walnuts in his biceps were they not to slip out given the enormous amount of fake tan he was wearing. One friend (who would use him again) said 'Oh yes, he's really weird. I'm sure he's a paedophile. There's got to be something going on with him.' Ha, ha, I don't think he is. He said (unprompted) that I had a really good cut and my hair really suited me, so of course I think he's totally great. And I love the kids hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're not going to leave without saying something, are you?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...